Toast at Amatören (Restaurant is permanently closed)

Note that this restaurant is permanently closed!

We went to Amatören on a Saturday afternoon in September 2016 to grab some lunch. This place is a typical lunch place I guess as they only have various light meals such as toast, nachos, a salad, soup of the day and smoothies and shakes. I decided to have the Bulldog toast and Nikki decided to have the soup of the day which was carrot soup. According to the menu they can make all the things lactose and gluten free which is a plus if you have some allergies.
Photo 24-09-2016, 14 25 06 Photo 24-09-2016, 14 25 14
The toast was served after 20 minutes – a bit long in my opinion as this is pretty simple meal. The toast was made with white bread and had scrambled eggs, bacon and cheese. It was served with a sauce and a small salad. Nikki’s soup was served a few minutes later together with a white toast with cheese. The soup was a carrot and ginger soup made with coconut milk and it was pretty good but in my opinion there was a bit too much ginger. The ginger taste stole the show and it was not that easy to taste any carrot.
Photo 24-09-2016, 14 45 32 (1) Photo 24-09-2016, 14 47 21
According to a sign in the café they serve the best coffee banana shake in the world. I’m easily persuaded when it comes to shakes so I bought one to check it out. I’m not totally convinced that this is the best in the world. There was not that much taste of coffee or banana in my opinion -instead there was a dark chocolate taste.
Photo 24-09-2016, 14 59 51
I’m not totally convinced by Amatören. The toast that I had was good but I think they could have used better bread. This bread seemed to be the regular loaf that you can buy at the grocery store. The soup was decent but I would have used less ginger. All in all – a good place if you just want a plain toast for lunch but if you want a better selection you better try out some of the other lunch places in town.
Check out their Facebook homepage for more info and to have a look at the menu!
Regards
Gard
gardkarlsen.com – trip reports and pictures

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.