Groovy – an American diner in Stavanger!

In the last year there has been a real hamburger trend in the area and you might have noticed my reviews about Døgnvill, Birger Burger and The Shack. In February 2017 it was time for a new restaurant opening in town: the diner called Groovy Burger & Dogs. It is located right on the city square (Torget) so I guess the location can’t get any better. When I walked in there it was like being teleported back to what I imagine diners used to look in the USA in the 1950’s and 1960’s (at last from what I have seen in Back to the future movies). There were checkered flooring, red leather bar stools and some tacky scenes of classical movies.
IMG_9859 IMG_9861
But the interior doesn’t really matter as long as the food is good! The menu was already on the table when I sat down and the waiter came to take my order soon after. They have burgers, hotdogs, ribs and fries on the menu and I decided to go for “A Big Hunk O’Love” – the burger with cheese, bacon, pickles, caramelized onion etc. I was also tempted to try out fries and decided to go for the sweet potato fries. It was a bit strange that the waiter didn’t ask how we wanted the burger fried and when it was served it seemed to be well done. But it didn’t really matter – the burger was excellent. The meat was juicy and I loved the sweetness of the caramelized onion on the burger. The fries were fresh and tasty – I seem to have a problem getting this right when I try to make it at home. They also have desserts on the menu including shakes but I did not get to test them out this time.
Groovy also have a license to serve alcohol and they had a few different kinds of beer on the menu and some sort of house wine.
I will definitely check out Groovy again soon. I would love to try out some of the other burger and a fries – and their desserts of course. Check out the Groovy homepage for more information about their food and drinks!

Regards
Gard
gardkarlsen.com
IMG_9862 IMG_9864

IMG_9858 IMG_9865

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.